Becoming an Amazon seller can be a game-changer for your business.
You can reach millions of customers, decide whether you want to sell via Amazon or not, and set up just one account for all your sales.
Amazon is a great way to reach more customers without exerting immense time and effort.
Does that sound good to you? Then why keep waiting?
In this article, you’ll find everything you need to know to become a successful Amazon seller!
Become an Amazon seller: Here’s how it works
If you want to become an Amazon seller, there are very few requirements. The only important thing is that you have products to sell.
There are 2 different ways to register:
- If you sell fewer than 40 items per month, then a basic account is sufficient.
- As soon as you want to sell 40 or more items per month, you’ll need a Professional account.
The basic plan will only cost you if you make a sale ($0.99 per item). You have to pay $39 per month for the Professional seller account.
To register as a seller, log into Amazon, click on the “Sell” tab, and follow the instructions. Your details will be checked via two-step authentication at the end. Once that’s done, you’re ready to go!
Important things to know when listing products
Customers should find your products easily, so it’s important to use the right keywords for your product descriptions. Try a keyword analysis to help you find the best terms for your products.
Amazon FBA or your own warehouse?
Amazon also offers the FBA service for merchants.
FBA stands for “Fulfillment by Amazon.” In short, you can use the entire Amazon sales infrastructure without any worries.
Before you make a snap decision to go for this all-inclusive package, you should weigh up the pros and cons to see if it truly suits you and your business:
Advantages of the FBA
Disadvantages of the FBA
With Amazon’s logistics center, you don’t need a warehouse.
You have no control over your orders.
Amazon processes orders, including shipping, returns, and returns.
Packaging is with Amazon branding, without your logo.
There are no shipping fees for customers.
Managing an Amazon store and your own e-retail store can be complicated and time-consuming. An ERP(https://xentral.com/de/blog/artikel/was-ist-erp/) can help!
You get access to Amazon’s round-the-clock customer service.
Whatever you decide, make sure you know about the risks for e-retailers when selling legally and securely with Amazon. You should be aware of the following points beforehand:
- Terms and conditions, cancellation policies, and website Impressums are legally required on Amazon.
- Data protection regulations (GDPR) are also binding for Amazon sellers.
- Copyright and trademark laws also apply (e.g., product images, videos, descriptions, instructions, or company logos without licensing agreements, etc.)
- Product liability also applies to you as an Amazon merchant if you sell via Amazon.
From a small to a big seller — this is how to do it!
You start small on Amazon. Things go well at first, customers buy your goods, and you’re satisfied. At some point, your sales go flat, and your business can no longer grow.
What do you do now?
First, take a closer look at the common error sources:
- Unappealing product presentation (keywords or image quality).
- Poor customer service.
- Prices aren’t adjusted and are higher than competitors.
- Shipping faulty products, resulting in bad reviews and low customer confidence.
- Not enough good customer reviews.
Haven’t figured it out yet? Maybe you’re operating inefficiently, and too much money is being lost in the process.
Trying to pin down the issue yourself can be time-consuming and costly — and you might not even succeed in the end.
One simple way to make your e-commerce business more successful is to use ERP software with Amazon integration. Like multichannel software, it helps you manage all sales channels while leaving room to grow your business.
Achieve massive growth with ERP software!
ERP means “enterprise resource planning,” and its function is to manage capital resources, supplies, and employees as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Dashboards and real-time data allow you to always see up-to-date numbers so that you can make well-informed decisions. Using ERP software ensures streamlined business processes, more control, and better company planning.
An ERP with an Amazon interface is a great asset for start-ups, SMEs, and mid-sized companies.
The xentral e-commerce ERP software is a great example of the endless possibilities ERP software can create for your company.
If your company has a multichannel strategy and is growing internationally, xentral ERP software is ideal for you!
The most important feature of xentral’s ERP for Amazon sellers is the live monitoring of Amazon KPIs. The following data is tracked constantly:
- Key sales figures
- Pending Amazon orders
If Amazon isn’t your only store, that’s also fine. Multichannel tracking connects all your retail and e-retail stores, including Amazon.
Your data is collectively synchronized this way, so you’ll always know exactly how many products you have in your stock.
You can save time and energy by using automated accounting functions in the ERP system. It checks incoming and outgoing invoices and automates your general accounting. You can’t get a better overview or control over your figures!
Other functions that make your life easier as an Amazon seller include:
- Item management for new and existing listings.
- Your own xentral CRM to manage customer data.
- Automated logistics.
- Automated invoices.
- Management of credit notes.
- Amazon Prime Label Support: Merchant Fulfilled Network (MFN).
- Efficient purchase planning through product forecasts.
xentral also supports a lot of shipping processes, including:
- Picking up orders.
- Order updates on dispatch, including tracking.
- Individual item transfers to Amazon and vice versa.
- Current stock reports.
Whether you’re an Amazon FBA seller using Amazon’s logistics or ship from your warehouse, you can use xentral ERP software.
ERP software helps you as an Amazon seller!
ERP software is a good fit for your company, even if it’s growing and you want to take it to the next level.
Clear signs that you should get ERP software are:
- Internationalization (different currencies, languages, etc).
- Using too many channels at the same time.
- Increasing sales but stagnant profit.
- Dissatisfied customers (if it’s not product quality, it’s probably shipping).
You can still benefit from an ERP system, even if none of these apply.
Growth is possible with the right ERP software, and you’ll be surprised how easy and straightforward it can be to achieve your business goals!
If you’re still unsure, you should give it a try. Most ERP providers offer free trials so that you can find the perfect provider.
If you want to know more about using an ERP, multichannel strategies, and successful businesses, look at our blog!