Even though the e-commerce industry is so diverse, it faces many of the same hurdles that traditional businesses have to overcome on the path to success. There is always euphoria and relentless drive during the beginning phases, with everyone pitching ideas from founding members to interns, and gut feelings inform many decisions.
At first, orders are easy to coordinate, the online shop accounting is manageable, and you’re able to coordinate customer returns by yourself. As your initial successes and sales increase, so will the need for a software solution. Even a system that’s already achieved good results will often not be ready to take on the rapid growth of many e-commerce players.
The tools your e-commerce business needs for growth
When first starting your e-commerce venture, you will likely have some basic accounting and record-keeping tools to help you out. However, if you want to boost growth rapidly, you should invest in software tools that can handle the following:
- Customer Service: many early e-commerce businesses live and die based on the quality of their customer service. The easier it is for customers to contact you for help, the more likely it is that people will continue using your services. That said, automated customer service tools, such as chatbots, are useful for providing online visitors with answers to many of the most frequently asked questions. It is also helpful to consider a help desk resource for consolidating inquiries from different channels.
- Online Content: content takes a lot of time and effort to create, but good digital content, such as blog posts and newsletters, will help your business grow in the long term. High-quality online content helps boost SEO, and you will gain customer confidence by offering your knowledge and expertise.
- Social Media: by creating a strong social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, you can reach a larger pool of potential customers. These platforms are a great way to promote your services and provide helpful information so that you can build up your brand’s trust.
- Advertising: investing in online advertising will get your product in front of more potential customers. It will also ensure your business is more visible in Google search results. There are many services and tools for online advertising, so choose what works best for you.
- Multichannel Marketing: by optimizing all of your marketing channels, you can deliver a smoother customer experience and increase the number of repeat customers. Channels can include mobile devices, laptops, tablets, and more. The more channels you incorporate into your business plan, the more likely it is that you will see solid growth.
- Mailing Lists: email marketing has been around for a long time, and it’s still proven effective in growing your business. By encouraging customers to sign up, you can build fruitful relationships with them to increase conversion rates. You can encourage sign-ups with incentives, including exclusive discounts, early-bird sales, and more.
- Global Selling: by expanding your business internationally, you can grow your business even faster. Thanks to the internet, you can reach customers across the globe with your e-commerce business. Preparing to go global will take some time to set up, especially with translations and the necessary currency conversions, but in the end you will be rewarded with higher conversion rates.
- Personalization: not every business offers the same services, in the same way that not every customer has the exact same needs. The more you can tailor your e-commerce business to meet individual customer needs, the more likely it is they will continue to use your services. Tailoring experiences includes personalizing content, such as displaying relevant products to your customers based on previous interactions or personal details.
- Mobile Optimization: more and more customers are making purchases from mobile devices, and the trend isn’t slowing down. Therefore, it is essential to have a fast, intuitive, and mobile-friendly online shop that makes your customer’s buying experience as simple as possible.
- ERP Software: having individual tools for all the above functions will work for you at first. However, as your business grows, you will need a system that seamlessly combines all of these processes and automates your administrative tasks. In addition, you will need an ERP system that can scale as your business grows and allows you to add more functions as your needs increase.
The aforementioned tool, an ERP system, is the most crucial for growing and optimizing your e-commerce business. Even start-ups can benefit from using an ERP, as it brings together all other tools and enables them to function in unison.
Optimize your e-commerce business with ERP software
As soon as your business reaches its first growth spurt, it pays to add an ERP system for your online store. Many young companies miss the right time to do this. When it comes to e-commerce, it is important to stay on the ball and not let opportunities go to waste, especially during the growth phase.
Many founders want a more detailed overview of their business operations, especially in the beginning. An ERP offers you precisely that, which allows you to make the switch from a start-up business to a smart business. The software automates processes, reduces manual efforts to a minimum, and maps your entire business’s operations so that you can make well-informed decisions and scale to the maximum.
Boost your e-commerce business by understanding risks and identifying opportunities
You need to know how to identify opportunities and understand the risks of e-commerce if you want to boost your business. Is your e-commerce business focused on success and steady growth? Then an ERP system, like xentral ERP, can help. We’ve designed our system to be as intuitive as possible, so you don’t waste time implementing it and can reach your goals faster.
With the knowledge of the most important e-commerce opportunities and risks, you can get everything out of your ERP. We’ve kept your busy schedule in mind and decided to summarize everything you need to know in a compact white paper just for you.
In our guide, you’ll learn about:
- the most important e-commerce risks and opportunities;
- tips on how to optimize your online store;
- reasons why e-commerce ERPs are important for success;
- how to automate e-commerce processes, including accounting and returns;
- three future trends your e-commerce ERP is ready to start managing today!
Take your processes to the next level with an ERP system. Read the white paper now to learn how you can optimize key areas of your business. Smart business software is your key to innovation, as it will prepare you for the upcoming e-commerce trends. We present three of them in our white paper.
Top business hacks that can optimize your e-commerce
Which processes offer your e-retailing store the greatest potential to grow? How should you make smart use of your opportunities? The business hacks and important takeaways in the xentral white paper will tell you everything. Do you want to put these tips into action and start optimizing your e-commerce right away? Then try the xentral ERP yourself with a 14-day free trial today!